Here are 8 important and inspiring key things from Cinderella (the 2015 live action film) that really got me thinking and inspired:
1) Be patient with yourself and others. We’re all learning, we’re all going through something, we’re all growing. And even when dealing with those who aren’t, it’s not worth your energy to get riled up.
2) Be kind to yourself and others. You deserve it and so does everyone else around you. It never hurts to show a little kindness. Kindness➡Goodness➡Magic➡Awesome Life
3) Be courageous. A lot of great things come when you find and use your courage. You discover a lot about you and the world around you when you give yourself the chance to embrace it.
4) Use your empathy. A lot of us do not and it’s so sad. People don’t care about others or their predicaments until the same situation directly affects those very ones who don’t care. That’s not the way we should be. We should always be concerned for others and try to put ourselves in other people’s shoes. Caring for others goes a long way.
5) Practice compassion. Some people can not do for themselves in certain ways and if you have the means to help another, do it. Some of us just need a leg up, a boost, a little push, a sign that someone cares, that we are not alone. Help where you can, how you can.
6) Embrace and practice your goodness. Goodness lives within all of us. It is a natural thing born into us. It is simply up to us to either embrace it or not. It is 100% beneficial to embrace and practice goodness. It is beneficial to you and everyone around you and doesn’t do you any harm to do.
7) Let your light shine. We all have a light inside of us. It can be a small ember, or it can be sparked into a raging flame. Someone, something, or we ourselves can spark it. But, individually, it is ourselves who keep that flame alive. Your light is beautiful, bright, unique, and brilliant. Let it shine.
8) Love, Love, Love. Love is the root of all of these things. Love is where these things come from. Love encompasses all of these things and more. You are made of love, you are made from love. Acknowledge it, accept it, embrace it. Love is life.
She was a lucky girl to have had such a simple, easy-going, and relaxed disposition. While she was passionate and strong in her morals, values, beliefs, and who she is as a whole, she was naturally gentle. I used to be that way and have somehow kind of flipped and become more uptight. Cinderella is helping me find my way back to that simple, easy-going, relaxed state of mind and being. Every time I watch that movie I am brought back to that place of peace and relaxation of heart. She embodies everything that I hope and practice to be and she represents what we all have inside of us. No, we don’t all have to have the same disposition and upbringing of kindness, love, and goodness. Unfortunately, not all of us get that, but we can all certainly learn it. Practice, practice, practice. “Practice makes the master.”
“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”